Stop Sequestration Press Conference Press Kit
Thousands of Organizations Unite to Protect America’s Economy and Innovation Leadership
Non-Defense and Defense Groups to Demand Solutions to Sequestration
Washington, D.C. – Leading representatives from industries and sectors on both the defense and non-defense side of the sequestration debate will detail a joint effort they are undertaking to put a stop to the severe budget cuts currently set to go into effect on March 1. This event marks the first time the defense and nondefense communities have joined together to speak with one voice about the ways in which Americans will be harmed by continued cuts to core government functions, including the military, education, public health, science, public safety, and infrastructure.
The Aerospace Industries Association, NDD United and the Task Force for American Innovation, together representing thousands of member companies, institutions and organizations, will urge President Obama and Congress to work together to find a balanced, bipartisan permanent solution to the meat axe of sequestration budget cuts.
- Marion C. Blakey, President and CEO of the Aerospace Industries Association
- Wes Bush, Chairman of AIA and Chairman, Chief Executive Officer and President of Northrop Grumman Corporation
- Emily Holubowich, Executive Director, Coalition for Health Funding and Co-Chair, NDD United
- Peter McPherson, President of the Association of Public and Land-grant Universities
- Hunter Rawlings, President of the Association of American Universities
Press conference detailing joint effort by groups representing millions of Americans calling for an end to devastating sequestration budget cuts
9:00am Eastern Time (8:30am sign-in and continental breakfast)
Monday, February 11, 2013
National Press Club, Holeman Lounge
529 14th St. NW, 13th Floor
Washington, DC 20045
|AAU: Barry Toiv
|AIA: Dan Stohr
(703) 358-1075 office
(703) 517-8173 mobile
|APLU: Jeff Lieberson
|NDD United: Emily Holubowich
(202) 484-1100 ext. 43
- Aerospace Industries Association press release.
- Aerospace Industries Association letter to President Obama and Congressional leadership.
- Task Force for American Innovation letter to President Obama and Congressional leadership.
- NDDUnited letter to President Obama and Congressional leadership.
- “The Economic Impact of the Budget Control Act of 2011 on DOD and non-DOD Agencies” – by Dr. Stephen Fuller, George Mason University.
- Sequestration’s national impacts (Map).
- Second to None sequestration fact sheet.